Verified Reviewer

I placed an order with Gamestop for an Xbox Onex for my son. There was an option to have it delivered the same day or pick it up the next day.

So I opted to have it delivered. I had received 3 texts.

1. Ready for pickup.

2. Out for delivery.

Order Cancelled.

I had no idea it would be Uber making the delivery. I thought it was someone from Gamestop doing the delivery. So when I called Gamestop they said there was no order and I get scolded for calling on a line for anyone who has a safety issue and not for what I was calling for. The Rep was just downright rude and hung up on me when I call back the system won't let me get to talk to a rep when I put my number in, I call from a different line, and the same thing.

I then call uber and they said that the item was returned to the store so I sent my husband to pick it up.

He gets there and is told it was never returned and that they had 2 left in stock and none were sold that day. When he got home, I called and gave the worker the order number and he said that there was a guy in the back who gave it to the Uber driver and that he didn't know that one of the 2 items that were in stock had been sold because the system does not update right away. Well by this time it had been 2 hours since I had ordered the item and the time I called regarding the cancellation. You would think that once the item is sold it takes it out of the inventory right away, apparently at Gamestop it does not.

Gamestop sent a replacement and is on its way.

As for Uber, it seems as though nobody knows anything and from what I was told by someone who has dealt with uber in a similar situation is that if the driver can't find the delivery address they can leave and keep the item.

I need to mention I have security cameras facing my street so there is no way they can say it was delivered. And I will gladly let uber look at my surveillance cameras.

User's recommendation: I want the person who kept my item to be charged for theft. Even if they brought it back the next day. because it was wrong for what they did,

Preferred solution: Prosecute the person who kept the Xbox OneX. Deactivate them.

Location: Castro Valley, California