Verified Reviewer

1.4

I placed a pickup order and did not realize that the restaurant had more than one location. The order was ready for pick up, so I went to the restaurant near my house (the one that I always order from on Uber Eats).

Once I got there I was told that I probably ordered from the wrong location. I opened the app and realized that there was more than one location to this restaurant and that I ordered from the wrong one.

There was a cancellation button so I pressed it! I did not realize that I would be charged for this order since there was no notification about this matter anywhere!

I would expect that a huge corporation like Uber would have a pop-up notification that if you cancel an order after 5 minutes you would still be charged! Obviously, I would not cancel my order if I'd known that.

Within a few seconds after cancellation, I received an email that I would be charged for this order.

Since there is no way to "un-cancel" on the app, I called the restaurant right away, figured that since they already prepared my order and I was charged for it anyway then might as well I will go and get it. But once I called the restaurant (and again we are talking about a minute after cancellation here) I was told they do not have my order and that they cannot give it to me because I cancelled. When I told the person on the phone that I literally cancelled a minute ago, he told me to call Uber eats because the restaurant doesn't have my food or my money. How is that fair?

I agree that if I caused the restaurant to make my order and did not show up I should be charged but if I want to change my mind and still pick up my order after only one minute of cancellation that should be an option! Especially when I had no idea that I would be charged.

Eventually, I had to order from a different restaurant and paid twice for the same food!

I told that to customer service via emails and kept getting a broken record! Same response as if I am talking to a computer! And after a few emails, they just stopped replying.

No refund, no response no nothing! Horrible customer service that will cost you many customers!

User's recommendation: Don't use Ubereats until they improve their customer service back.

Ubereats Pros: Great app.

Ubereats Cons: Horrible customer service.

Comments