To begin with, I used Uber for a couple of rides to the airport. That went well until I requested receipts to get refunded at my job and the receipts were sent in Spanish.

I tried to change them to English to no avail, there is no way and no live support.

Next, I added to my account an Uber Eats voucher that my company sent to me. When I tried to use it to place an order well within the value of the voucher, I received the error: The balance is too low on your selected payment method. Please use another payment method to continue.

After wasting my precious time trying to figure out what the problem may be, I decided that I was too hungry already to deal with it, so I tried to pay with a credit card, just to get the following error: Theres a Payment Issue. Sorry, we are unable to accept your card.

Please try adding a different one. So I did, I tried with three different credit cards and the Venmo application and every attempt was met with a similar error.

So, end of story, I had to drive myself to the restaurant and I paid my food with one of the cards that Uber wouldnt accept.

And yes, I tried everything, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Thank you Uber, you did not help a hungry man trying to do his job!

User's recommendation: Avoid using Uber, at all costs.

Location: San Jose, California