Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

1.5

Update by user May 19, 2020

I've contacted them 2 more times since sending in my first email to you. The first time of the 2, I got absolutely no reply other than to say the issue was closed.

I contacted them again just last week using the option "I had a problem with my delivery person." At first I got a response saying they'll check into it, then I got a reply saying I should have reported the issue within a week of the failed delivery; to which I replied that I reported the issue immediately after knowing the delivery went to the wrong apartment & their delivery person apparently wasn't paying proper attention to addresses or verifying the person's name through speaking through the locked door during the pandemic. I then said the $26.33 was refunded within 5 days & I immediately asked when the $3.71 would also be refunded (still within the 7 day period). Then the Uber Eats representative said there were no actual charges to my account; that they were "holds" on my account. I replied that the charges have indeed been paid thru PayPal & then paid thru my associated checking account & asked them once again to refund the $3.71 portion (pre-calculated tip).

I haven't heard anything more since then & don't expect to at this point. This was my first & only time using UberEats & I'll never use them again & will bad mouth them to everyone I can, including restaurants who use their services!

Original review posted by user Apr 19, 2020

Message sent to UberEats that I used Reply Arrow at the bottom of their email message to me & then received another email saying they couldn’t receive my message & to use the App to relay any further issues to them. Read on....

BTW, this was the first & only time I have ever used UberEats & so far they’re not off to a good start in my view.

Thank you for the quick turnaround for the refund of $26.33.

However, there was also a separate charge of $3.71 (which apparently was the UberEats calculated tip - I generally don’t tip until service has been rendered), that you didn’t refund. I tried to message you about this in the app, but the refund process for this order has been “taken care of” & the transaction is “Closed,” preventing me from being able to alert you to this discrepancy. I’m attaching screenshots below of the UberEats Order from Zoe’s Kitchen & the Debits/Credit thru my PayPal Account. If you could please complete the reimbursement, I would greatly appreciate it.

I look forward to receiving the additional refund.

If you need to contact me, you may do so either by Text or Email:

(210) 621-****

betenoir123@***.com

Pamela Berg

Stay Safe & Stay Well

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 9:58 PM Uber Support wrote: UBER

Hi Pamela.

We're sorry to hear about your experience. I've arranged a refund for your order, which should return to your account typically within 3-5 business days.

I've checked the issue from our end and it looks like the delivery partner hasn't followed our delivery guidelines.

We have processes in place to review this type of feedback with delivery partners, so your concern hasn't gone unnoticed.

Thanks for letting us know. We hope you decide to give Uber Eats another try.

Sent by Uber

Uber Technologies Inc.

Unsubscribe

User's recommendation: Do not have a “Automatic Tip Calculator” in your UberEats profile. Add the tip once your food has arrived & your satisfied with your order. I was automatically charged $3.71 on a $26.33 (included taxes & delivery fee, which they include in their tip calculation, BTW, whereas my preference is to tip on the Food Items Only!). Now I’m having to go thru Pissed Customer to get the tip refunded for an order I never received because I had the automatic tip calculator checked off & that wasn’t included in the refunded amount.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ubereats Delivery Service.

Ubereats Pros: Easy ordering.

Location: Georgetown, Texas