(1) I ordered a sandwich from Firehouse Subs, like I normally do. I live in a gated community, so I have access instructions and my phone number linked to the account so that I may be reached by the delivery person.

(2) The driver chose to ignore the written instructions and sat at the leasing office without calling or texting me; or notifying UberEats.

(3) UberEats phone service is closed for COVID-19 reasons, so I had to endure a long and tedious (although professional) chat clog with an agent.

(4) The agent could not reach the delivery person either, so they refunded me my money- or rather, they will within 3-5 business days.

(5) When I asked if they will reorder at their expense the order I never received (remember- Uber could not reach the driver either); I got a polite, yet very curt, "we don't do that here."

So- it's very good that I had enough funds to reorder through Doordash; even though the representative for UberEats was polite and professional (I would have expected to have to re-order if they could reach the driver), but unyielding even though their employee was unresponsive and could not follow simple included instructions that every other Uber driver has had little to know problems with.

Location: Havelock, North Carolina