Verified Reviewer

I put in an order #249BC from my Uber eats account around 7:50pm. Waited until 8:35pm for my food. My order was:

1) McDouble meal

2) junior chicken

3) habanero sauce

4) mayo style sauce

5) McFlurry

6) medium coffee

The driver was quick in delivering my order. All I got from my order was the McFlurry and the Medium coffee. Nothing else. I went to chat support to report the missing items expecting an immediate credit to my account so I could re-order my food. I was not credited and got a message saying Id receive an email.

Im a disabled healthcare worker. I worked a 16 hr shift today, forgot my lunch and havent eaten at all. I am very poor as most disabled people are - we are not allowed to make more than 15,000 a year and I live well under the poverty line. I dont get paid until fri and used my last $30 to order this food. I have no food in my house. I am literally starving. I wanted a credit so I could reorder immediately and Im already upset that Ill have to wait another hour probably for my meal even if I got my account credited immediately which was what I was assuming would happen as Ive gotten immediate credits for missing items before.

I called the call centre and spoke to ROSE, she told me

1) they could only refund to my card, which would take 3-5 business days, they could not put a credit on my account so I could reorder immediately, which is a lie because Ive gotten a credit on my account from Uber eats before as Ive said.

2) Rose did everything she could to try to delay and avoid me speaking to a supervisor even after I asked several times. I eventually got angry and yelled bc I had asked for a supervisor several times and she didnt go get one.

3) She finally put me on hold and said shed get a supervisor, after about 10 mins she comes back and says the supervisor is busy and *** call me later today. I asked for her to specify how long later today is and she couldnt. I asked for the supervisors name she said it was Jack. Jack and Rose? Huh Titanic? I Seriously am wondering if I was given fake names.

4) I asked for the head office contact info to lodge a complaint and she refused to give me that info. Which last I checked is not legal in Canada. Uber eats doesnt appear to be better business bureau accredited so no surprise at the sketchy practice there.

Rose offered to credit me for the missing items, and the credit would take 3-5 business days to process. I told her I should get the credit immediately to my Uber account, and its ridiculous that they are only crediting me for the items missing. I should be credited for the entire order since Ill have to literally starve tonight and I should be credited the tip. She said she could credit the tip but not without taking it away from the driver and I refused - it isnt his fault and he did a good job, uber should be refunding the tip without taking it from the drivers. The mistake was on the restaurants part and on Ubers part bc of their policy of not letting drivers check in the bag to see if the order is correct - which is stupid. If uberd just let them check they wouldnt be having these issues with missing items so frequently. Because I have to order again they should credit me the tip so I wont have to tip twice for one order. But its irrelevant bc they wont credit my account as theyre claiming they cant so I cant even reorder and will be starving tonight.

Rose seemed to have absolutely zero sympathy that a disabled healthcare worker was going to be going to bed hungry tonight - just kept reading from her script.

I ordered from Uber eats fairly regularly and also used Uber a lot to get to and from work - well never again. You guys have permanently lost my business and my social media followers - all 15,000 + of them, will be hearing about my terrible experience and Ill be recommending for them not to use Uber eats and to use skip the dishes instead. I was treated like garbage tonight by Uber eats and its joke of a customer service team.

User's recommendation: Don’t bother with Uber eats - use skip instead.

Preferred solution: Full refund for ENTIRE order, plus immediate account credit so I can actually eat tonight. If it actually takes 3-5 business days I should get additional credits for my wasted time - tho I won’t be ordering again. .

Ubereats Cons: Cons, Theives, Terrible customer service.

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia