Verified Reviewer

1.4

I had an order from IHOP said it was delivered but the driver did not follow instructions to ring the doorbell to let me know that it was there. So when I happen to go out and check there was nothing there.

I contacted Uber eats to notify them that nothing had arrived and to see if I can get either a new order or compensation for the order that was not there. They told me I was ineligible for any kind of refund due to the fact that I had a previous incident once before. But in their words it was, "you have had a significant number of requests for refunds and adjustments on your orders." I had no idea that choosing the kind of food you want and if something is wrong and commenting on it is a bad thing.

I thought that was the point of the whole app. So instead of give me some kind of credit or reordering, they pretty much told me, "hopefully your next experience will be better." So I said, "So I get no food and no money back, so you are pretty much just robbing me, right?" They told me that they're trying to "empower their consumers and "We appreciate your understanding."

User's recommendation: Have your bank on speed dial.

Location: Irvington, New Jersey