I finally decided to use my Uber Essentials offer to get $20 if I order anything >;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;$30. I met the criteria and got the discount.

I also got the Uber pass deal for orders >$15. I was charged $18.34 as my share of the deal... All fair and good to this point. Then the grocery vendor somehow didnt fill my complete order...

Uber decided not to honor my deal anymore. All kinds of charges came flying in and I was charged an additional $32.40. Im confused over here wondering which part of the grocery store couldnt fill my order is my fault? I met the requirements of the deal...

I did my part and Uber and its partners Failed but somehow Im to cover for their failure? This is particularly an issue because its not the first time Ive used deals on delivery services and its not the first time Ive had the grocery store unable to fill my order... the difference is everytime this happened, the drivery service met their obligation and honored their deal... theyve always done what they said they were gonna do regardless of what happens beyond my control.

I met the terms of this deal and Im therefore asking that Uber honored their end of the deal both on the $20 discount and the Uber pass deal. Uber shouldnt charge me a cent more than the $18.34 we originally agreed on!

User's recommendation: Do not let Uber Eats fool you with their bait and switch “deals.” Use instacart or DoorDash instead. They honor their deals even when things change on the other end.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ubereats Delivery Service.

Ubereats Cons: Charged card twice, App is trash, Drive delivering to wrong address.

Comments