UPDATE...

So Id like the world to know how Uber Eats responded to me on this issue.

They informed me that one of the extra charges was because my bank disputed a transaction in January. Their response to this is to sneakily re-charge this while I was making a new order without informing me what the charge was for.

I thought it was the total for my new order. But when I clicked pay, nothing happened. Then I did it again and it went through.

The reason my bank disputed the charge in January is simply because I cancelled the order 30sec after making it since I made a mistake with the delivery address. I expected (as with any reasonable merchant) that after cancelling the order, Uber would refund me.

Two days later I realized they had not and contacted them via the chat. They informed me that there was nothing they could do since I was contacting them more than 48hrs after the order was cancelled. Seriously!?!

So let me get this straight... any time a customer immediately cancels an order (for whatever reason) Uber will charge their customers and not refund them by default unless they contact Uber and explicitly ask for a refund within 48hrs.

You are damn right my bank disputed this transaction.

And they will be doing the same with the extra charges Uber cunningly scammed me into paying. This is blatant abuse of the mass market who are stuck inside their homes during a pandemic. Ubers stock price has risen 50% over the last 6 months I wonder how much of this is a result of illegitimate revenues taken from unsuspecting consumers like me.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Id love to start a class action.

ORIGINAL POST...

Let me tell you a horror story about customer service.

I have been in touch with Uber Eats customer support chat service from March 4th until today, March 9th, 2021.

This experience has made me want to lose my lunch, which didnt come from Uber Eats by the way.

My initial dispute was that I was charged 4 times for a single transaction.

After I was informed that one of the charges was pending and likely to be reversed, I made clear that there was still an overcharge on the transaction. I requested immediate refund.

After respectfully explaining this and clarifying my request, I was told that the amount charged is pending. I explained that this is not the case for the other charge which was posted to my credit card.

After this explanation, Uber Eats customer service told me which vendor the transactions were for, which I obviously already know. I started a dispute about this because I was charged four times for the same transaction.

Then they again informed me that the amount of was a hold. I explained that this still doesnt explain the overcharge posted.

We went back and fourth like this about a dozen times. Never in these correspondences did customer support say anything new or helpful in addressing my refund.

Then after many attempts of explaining my situation, they began closing the case without replying to me. This is the equivalent to hanging up on your customer everything they call you.

Ive never in all my life seen anything like this.

This happened a total of 24 times since March 7th. The last employees that replied to me were Tejinder P, Aanchal J, and Rajar D.

Not only has this been extremely frustrating and disrespectful, Uber Eats is still holding money that is rightfully mine.

What a terrible experience. Beware.

User's recommendation: Beware.

Comments

#1993461

They should block you from using their service.

Ubereats Reviews