Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer

Update by user Jun 30, 2021

I used Apple Pay as payment method for this service, so after Uber gave me the run around I contacted Apple support, who transferred me to Green Dot Bank, who told me first that they reviewed my case and decided that I authorized the charge, so they couldn't fix it, then they said that they were unable to get my $back since it had already been debited from my account. They were uninterested in seeing the documentation from my attempts of contacting Uber where they bumble around excuses and admit that I never received the goods and services.

I paid for goods and services that I never received, through no fault of my own, and Green Dot told me to try calling a number that only has a message instructing to use the chat function in the app. It seems Uber Eats can't deliver food or promises, and my Bank is happy to leave me hanging out to dry... Aren't digital funds capable of being removed by the bank? Are both of these corporate moguls just blatantly lying to my face, telling me they are too lazy to rectify what is obviously Uber's mistake?

They shouldn't agree to complete a transaction that they don't have the ability to complete while still securing payment and then cling to flimsy loop holes that don't technically pertain to how my transaction was fumbled on their end.

Please spread the word so nobody else wastes their money on Uber, they handle business like a crooked carney tipping the scales, greasing the fish bowls, over inflating the basketballs and dulling the darts to swindle any optimistic kid with a dollar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Uber accuse a passenger of being responsible for a driver's actions while causing a serious car accident...

Original review posted by user Jun 29, 2021

Ordered, paid, no food, restaurant calls, instructed to cancel since food cold after 1.5hrs wait. Driver never showed up, always happens, they hate Uber.

The App promised refund in few days. Get email months later: cancellation fee:$65.10. No phone # to call, only chat, they say refund in 5/7 days. Week later email says no refund after 48hrs, then another says yes, then another says no.

I call GreenDot, TOO BAD. NO HELP!

User's recommendation: Boycott Uber, or rip sum seats, barf on console, don't recommend green dot, all crooks and shysters.

Ubereats Pros: Stay home.

Ubereats Cons: You might get sucked into the refund realm, Stay home, Lose money, Go hungry, High blood pressure n stress, Anger issues.

Comments