Checking out a restaurant on the app to order from. I clicked a item by accident when I meant to scroll so I went to my cart and clicked remove.

The app closed itself. When I opened it again it said Order successfully placed. I instantly cancelled the order. At first it said my order was successfully cancelled without any issues.

20 minutes later I still hadn't received my money back. I went back on the app and checked the order to see it said the restaurant has accepted my order and I was charged the total (this was after I cancelled it successfully 20 minutes before). I ended up going to the restaurant because I cancelled it well before they "accepted", come to find out with being shown proof that the business never accepted it because it never showed on their end (cancelled before it had a chance I guess). UberEats has pulled a scam.

As of now (2 hours later) Uber eats now says I'm being charged the full amount by the restaurant for cancelling my order.

Again the restaurant never accepted my order!? I cancelled so fast they never even received it.

User's recommendation: Order direct from restaurants and avoid the middle man or use a better delivery service.

Location: Hamilton, Ontario