Verified Buyer

1) 8 oz side pico

2) 8 ounce salsa roja

3) 3 ounce side salsa ranch

4) 3 ounce side salsa fuego

All of which were very clearly on the ticket and paid for.

So I didn't want the food to go to waste and i immediately placed a 2nd order to the same restaurant for the missing items on the first order.

It would not let me place such a small order for sauce and condiments so i had to opt for larger sizes of each.

So the second order total was $14.5 and i reached out to uber to let them know what happened but instead of simply taking care of the second order for $14.5 they told me a $5. credit was all i was going to get and basically "too bad"

I went around and around in circles through at LEAST 10 different reps that simply copied and pasted the same message to me over and over telling me $5 is all I'm going to get. I also tried to reach a human and sat on hold for almost an hour with no answer.

I counted 107 orders on my account with uber and from all of these orders I believe this is only the 2nd complaint I have EVER submitted.. usually when i have problems or missing items i just deal with it and get over it.

and i always tip the drivers no matter what. so its not like I'm just a crap customer trying to get something for free. and that should have been completely obvious.. I simply wanted the items i paid for in my first order.

I should not have had to place a second order AT ALL.

and honestly if it were just me i probably would've just ate the food without the sauce and condiments however the kids wanted it so...

Ubers customer service should have been able to pull these two orders, identify the problem, and then IMMEDIATLY refunded the amount of the second order rather than telling me too bad and forcing me to pay for this restaurants mistake. when I have a problem as a customer, I expect it to be handled quickly and FAIR. and that was absolutely not done here.

24 hours and 10+ different reps copying and pasting the same replies to me and i FINALLY managed to get the second order cost refunded.

Not that it was even about the tiny fourteen bucks. This is wrong and unfair.

After this I simply cannot be ok with giving these people anymore of my money and I will be switching to a competitor.

User's recommendation: anyone but uber.

Preferred solution: I simply wanted to let uber know the problem and that they lost a loyal customer over nothing. I didn't want a damn thing free from the start- I simply didn't want to have to pay extra money for items that should've been in the first order..

Ubereats Cons: Impossible to resolve simple problems.

Comments