Verified Reviewer

1.2

First, I love the concept of uber eats. I am a frequent user of their services and thoroughly enjoy the convenience it has been in mine and my husband's life.

My husband and I are live in caregivers for his elderly disabled parents. We help maintain things around the rv that we reside in and we do anything his parents may need assistance with that without us would otherwise be impossible to do. His father has stage 4 COPD and his mother has suffered from 6 strokes leaving her with only half a brain functioning. We use uber eats, postmates, and doordash quite frequently.

It is a huge help when it comes to needing dinner made but everyone is too tired from the days tasks to cook. We use it to have groceries delivered when we can't afford gas and are stuck in our spot. We even use uber itself frequently as we do not own a car. I and my husband are currently platinum members with ubereats.

We love there service however we have suffered losing our money on more than 15 occasions. Because we live in an rv we sometimes are difficult to find to deliver to. But you would think that the delivery driver would try to contact us to find us. Instead they get frustrated and just leave our orders whereever they feel like leaving us without necessity items.

This has happened so frequently that we no longer are eligible for refunds.. after about 10 reports of not receiving our order or of getting our order but it be completely wrong or missing you become ineligible for a refund. Its absolutely insane to me that this is a rule. There have been over well over 20 times we have made orders and one of the above issues happens and we end up just getting our money taken from us..

hundreds of dollars has been taken by uber. I currently am in a dispute with them because I ordered items from walgreens and didn't get my order. I was staying at a hotel and I ordered some essentials I had forgot to pack. My order came to 56 and some change..

when my order was supposedly delivered the total shot up to 108 dollars. The driver never once tried to contact me about my location as the hotel we stayed at was situated right next to 2 other hotels. I only got a notification that my order was delivered. But there was no order at my door.

I contacted uber eats help and told them what happened and the person helping me obliged to issue a refund. But he never did. My husband and I ordered from panda express following this. When the order for walgreens was made I did not have 108 in my account I had 70 just enough for the order total from walgreens of 56 dollars.

So when uber tried to collect it wasn't there and created a debt on my account. And because uber puts a hold on the funds in your account until it is processed when I ordered panda my account denied that transaction as well creating ANOTHER hold on my uber account. I contacted uber eats and explain the situation. After waiting 4 days for a reply I recieved an email with a receipt that they had intact taken the 108 dollars out of my account..

I also finally got a reply asking for screenshots of everything and they thought that I was trying to say someone else used my account so I explained the situation once again. I also tried to send screenshits but their app is malfunctioning and wouldn't allow me to attached my photos.. Then I waited another 24 hours for a reply to which I was then told my order was over 48 hours old and no longer eligible for a refund of my money. I was so angry and I replied that I did in fact contact them within 48 hours and the lag or response to the issue falls on their behalf not mine.

I then got a reply stating that they will have a specialist look in to this and get back to me in 3 to 5 days..

It's taken over 2 weeks for them to return my money which was wrongfully taken. And isn't it illegal for a business to take payment for a good or service and then not provide the good or service??...im so frustrated with how they have been allowed to operate.

With all the orders this has happened with I would say we have lost about $5,000 in food and products that were never delivered. Please help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ubereats Delivery Service.

Ubereats Pros: Convenience.

Ubereats Cons: Lack of customer support, Lack of proper communication, Better refund policy.

Comments

#2041877

Your post is full of irrelevant information.

Ubereats Reviews