Verified Reviewer

1.5

Original review updated by user Aug 14, 2021

EDIT: actually, if they're charging my card without my explicit consent it is not minor....

I know in the scheme of things this is a minor, tiny issue but sometimes it's tough, with all that's happening right now, to not be able to depend on something basic like this going as expected- it just feels like too much today, like you can't count on anything.

I was attempting to schedule an order for delivery later today- at 6:15-6:45.

First, I chose the delivery time from the dropdown.

Then, I chose a restaurant and picked items and clicked "Go To Checkout", looked over the order, including the correct time, then clicked "Place Order", went to the map and the "hang on"- all good so far.

I was then shown the screen, "restaurant has closed while you were placing an order".

Tried another restaurant, same thing.

Looked up a third restaurant, put some stuff in the cart, clicked go to checkout, and it completely skipped the "Place Order" screen- instead, it went right to charging my card on file - no choice as to how to pay or what to pay or delivery type- and the food is coming NOW.

By the time I figured out that the time was totally wrong (the order isn't coming up on my order page on my laptop) and the Byzantine system to actually cancel the order - can't do it on a laptop- it was too late (you have max five minutes to cancel)

This was just a truly horrible user experience. The cart and delivery time persistence choices are terrible and just really bad web design.

And the order is still not coming up on my laptop but you're able to send me a bunch of text messages letting me know my food is coming three and a half hours early.

So disappointing. So frustrated.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ubereats Pros: Delivery.

Ubereats Cons: Ridiculous fees, Terrible cancellation policy, No customer service reps.

Comments