I was working with Uber Eats since June 2020 in the Dayton, Oh region. I had completed over 900 deliveries with a 99% satisfaction rating.

On Feb 16, 2021 I completed my last delivery. It was a 'leave at the door' delivery. That all went fine. When I went to leave, my car was stuck on the snow at the end of their driveway.

I tried to get out. Tried to call support through the app but no live support and we're supposed to have roadside assistance which nothing to access that in their app either. I went to knock on the door to ask of they maybe had a shovel. That was a bad idea.

I was cursed and yelled at for knocking, called names, they said they weren't a shovel delivery service and told to get a real job. Words were exchanged and I just shook my head and said it was disgusting of them. Four individuals came outside the home and 2 held back a woman who was threatening to physically attack me. As I went down the driveway one male came up on me and struck me in the head.

I turned and told them if anyone followed me to my car, they would get pepper sprayed. I locked myself in the car and called 911.

I repeatedly tried to contact uber while waiting on an officer. Once that was done and I was out of the situation, I realized uber locked my account, earnings and refused to talk to me. The next day I got an email from the PD with the case number and I realized Uber had placed a negative incident report against me.

I said someone needs to reach out to me about the incident or I would reach out to Legal.

After that they said because I stated that they could no longer speak to me. So basically I was assaulted and lost my job for it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ubereats Same Day Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Ubereats Pros: No pro.

Ubereats Cons: Customer service didnt listen to a word i said.

Comments