Verified Reviewer

After placing an order i received an alert that my address might be too far to deliver. then without me doing anything the delivery address was automatically changed to the last address i ordered from which is almost 2 hours away from my home.

I called the restaurant to cancel the order and they said i have to call Uber to cancel. They did not even send out the food yet but said i had to contact Uber eats to cancel. I called Ubers eats and got an automated message saying i should cancel online. I cancelled online but was charged $78 for the food anyway.

The food was $63 but i was also charged delivery taxes and also the tip i selected. I was told that i could not get a refund or any type of compensation although it was the app that changed my address.

User's recommendation: Avoid using Uber eats if you can. There are many other food delivery services available like grub hub and postmates. Uber does not care about customers. They could have atleast offer a coupon or an account credit. but was just told to suck it up.

Location: Ronkonkoma, New York